Turkish Language Institute (TLI), a non-profit 501(C)(3) tax exempt organization, was established to introduce the Turkish language and culture...
Turkish Classes in Los Angeles, Irvine (Orange County) and San Diego
Turkish classes in Los Angeles, Orange County (Irvine) and San Diego enable you to learn rapidly, and they are fun from the get-go!
If you are looking for a Turkish class in Los Angeles, Orange County (Irvine) or San Diego you have come to the right place. It is also interactive and affordable. We offer offer introductory, beginner, intermediate and advanced Turkish classes. The Turkish Language Institute also encourages building relationships between the US and Turkey by strengthening diverse values and cultures in the US to promote friendship and sharing through common communication tools of language.
Poised between Europe and Asia, Turkey is a geographical and cultural bridge between East and West. Having been the proud home of some of the world’s grandest civilizations, Turkey is now touted as a model for emerging democracies in the Middle East. In the past decade Turkey has emerged not only as a respectable democracy, but it has become an economic powerhouse and force in regional politics and international affairs. In short, Turkey is on the rise. There is no better time than now to study the Turkish Language and become part of Turkey’s exciting future.
Turkish is a very regular and logical language and once you grasp its logic, forming sentences is as easy and as fun as putting lego pieces together. And unlike many other languages, Turkish is a phonetic language. Once you master the alphabet, you can pronounce and read each word as well as a Turkish person can.
Who Learns Turkish?
At The Turkish Language Institute, with locations in Los Angeles, Irvine and San Diego many of our students learn Turkish because of family ties with Turkey: they may have married a Turk or they may be of Turkish descent. But just as many students take classes for a variety of other reasons: Some are interested in specific aspects of Turkish culture or Turkey in general; some would like to travel there; some would like to work there; and some are language enthusiasts that are specifically interested in the distinctive structure of the Turkish language.
Our students are of every age group from young adults to senior citizens. They are from every walk of life and are of many different nationalities. Their proficiency levels in Turkish also range from brand-new beginners to advanced researchers.
Whatever your reason for learning Turkish, now is a great time to enroll for lessons at the Turkish Language Institute. Our classes are fun and affordable. Contact us today!
you can join one of our ongoing intermediate or advanced classes without waiting for the new semester. Once we determine your exact level, you can join one of our intermediate or advanced classes.
We are providing an effective teaching methodology to teach the language. Our Turkish classes are interactive, energetic, conversation-focused and they are also fun, specifically tailored to American students.
We have been using as a textbook called YABANCI DILIM TURKCE published by Dilmer Institution in Istanbul. It is specially prepared for non-Turks to learn Turkish under the instruction of a teacher.
Learning Turkish at Turkish Language Institute -- what are the benefits?
- The Turkish Language Institute has convenient locations in Los Angeles and Orange County, Irvine . More locations will be available in the near future, stay tuned!
- Students learn from highly experienced teachers.
- Students learn not only Turkish grammar, but also how to use what has been taught in practical conversation. Classes incorporate various methods of practicing: playing games; learning songs; speaking with native Turks; and watching a variety of current videos such as TV commercials, soap operas and cartoons.
- Students get to participate for free in the Institute's various programs and activities.
- When Turkish VIPs are in town we like to invite them to visit the Institute and speak with the students in class. Our students have had the opportunity to meet with Turkish politicians, football players, artists and other celebrities.
- Students may have the opportunity to participate in trips to Turkey organized by The Pacifica Institute.
- Students have full access to the TLI's library, which offers books, movies and CDs.
- Occasionally when dinner events are taking place at the Institute during class time, students are invited to share dinner with our guests.
- Snacks, including various Turkish treats, are offered during class along with an endless supply of tea.
- Students are welcome to correspond with our teachers via email, a fantastic way to improve written Turkish skills.